As far back as the 1950s, Jones's has been "the farm" to buy directly from the farmer in the Baltimore-Harford County area.
Today, the farm is run by Maurice and Deborah Jones, 5th generation farmers, plus their three children, and with the help of grandpa Maurice, Sr., and a number of aunts, uncles and cousins.
The first Jones arrived in the area before 1900, coming to America in their own boat from Wales. They settled on 300 plus acres bordering the Gunpowder River in Baltimore County.
Maurice's great grandfather Samuel (1 of 13 children) and his grandfather Clarence would take vegetables to the wholesale food markets then located on Pratt Street in Baltimore City.